2 cups cranberries -- chopped
1/2 cup walnuts -- chopped
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs -- beaten
1/2 cup butter -- melted and cooled
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line bottom of a 10" spring form pan with parchment paper so that the acid from the cranberries does not pit the metal.
- Mix the cranberries, walnuts, and 1/2 c. sugar, and cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Mix batter ingredients together and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the cranberry mixture and spread it out so that all the cranberry mixture is covered with a thin layer of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- It's a good idea to put a cookie sheet under the cake pan in the oven to catch any drips.